Major Appliances/ice melting in icemaker tray

Question
I have an Amana refrigerator-freezer, model BB120TW (bottom freezer). Recently ice has begun to melt in the ice maker tray near the handle side (yes, near the seal). The melt grows bottom-up, forming a 'stalagmite' that grows and attaches to the ice mechanism housing, forcing me to have to chip it out. Also, a pool of melt forms at the bottom of the tray and then re-freezes.I've used the dollar bill test, and it seems to seal ok - although my expertise is subject to question. Not much, if any, difference in friction between the freezer and refrigerator doors. I have cleaned the gasket/seal also. This problem has become annoyingly consistent and frequent. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Answer
Over the years the hinge inserts in the door wallow out and the opposite end of the door begins to drop....just enough to create a minute gap between the seal and the receiving frame of the refrigerator itself.  Adjust hinges if necessary.  One other thing you might try is to run and hair dryer around the gasket for a while until it softens.  Next, close the door and allow it to stay closed for an hour or so to re-seat...so to speak.  Let me know if any of these suggestions works.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion