Major Appliances/ice melting in icemaker tray

I have an Amana refrigerator-freezer, model BB120TW (bottom freezer). Recently ice has begun to melt in the ice maker tray near the handle side (yes, near the seal). The melt grows bottom-up, forming a 'stalagmite' that grows and attaches to the ice mechanism housing, forcing me to have to chip it out. Also, a pool of melt forms at the bottom of the tray and then re-freezes.I've used the dollar bill test, and it seems to seal ok - although my expertise is subject to question. Not much, if any, difference in friction between the freezer and refrigerator doors. I have cleaned the gasket/seal also. This problem has become annoyingly consistent and frequent. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Over the years the hinge inserts in the door wallow out and the opposite end of the door begins to drop....just enough to create a minute gap between the seal and the receiving frame of the refrigerator itself.  Adjust hinges if necessary.  One other thing you might try is to run and hair dryer around the gasket for a while until it softens.  Next, close the door and allow it to stay closed for an hour or so to to speak.  Let me know if any of these suggestions works.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business