Major Appliances/Kenmore Elite Elect dryer

Question
Kenmore elite elect dryer, model 110.60932990,     the Auto Moisture sensing cycle shuts off prior to dry, so my wife uses the Timed Dry cycle.  That has recently begun to shut off at the some time between the 20 to 40 minute time.   she pushes the start button and it runs to completion....but about half the time it will shut off again in a few minutes.   It always stops....then restarts with a button push....but does not always continue to 0 time with out shutting off again and again.

Answer
I am initially thinking thermister but a partially blocked bulkhead--air flow--could duplicate the thermister common failure.  First thing I would do is take the unit apart and clean it well.  Once cleaned, try the unit again.  While you have the dryer apart, check the resistance on the thermister which is located on the blower wheel housing.  Let us know what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion