Major Appliances/Maytag Neptune Noisey and leaking fluid

Question
I have Maytag Neptune model MAH4000AWW.  Over the years the machine operation has gotten louder and louder.  Now there is some brown fluid or fluid like leaky from the machine and onto the floor...looks like brown gravy.  

I am pretty mechanically inclined, a small engine expert on this site, but it has been many, many years since I worked on a washer, or dryer for that matter.

I looked at the parts diagram and did not see a transmission like the old "standard" washing machines.

Is there a main bearing that is bad making the noise and is the fluid I am seeing just grease leaking from a bad bearing?

Thanks.
Eric

Answer
Main bearing is the rear seal, bearing assembly on the outer tub.  Cost is more than the machine is worth....over 400.00 from what I have researched.  In addition. the drive shaft connected to the inner spin basket goes through this bearing and it may be worn also.  best diagnosis is to rip it down and check all components.  Are you up for that?  We can help but cost determined  when these repairs are necessary for repair.  Let us know....   

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion