Major Appliances/admiral gas oven

We have an issue with the pilot light for the oven won't light.  The burners work fine with gas on top.  We have used the long matches to try to light it but nothing is working.  The model number is A3177YRW and it is an old gas oven.  Please help really need an oven with 4 kids!

If you feel capable, first thing I would do is gain access to the pilot assembly, take it apart and clean it.  Over the  years a build up of burnt gas builds up and blocks the pilot orifice.  Try this and let me know what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business