Major Appliances/Dryer start button late catching

My Whirlpool LHE 5800 wi just had a new motor put in, but now I notice when I press the start button there seems to be a delay until it kicks in to start. Could that be a wire connection that is not on properly?
Thank you for your help!

I don't fully understand....On a new motor or a older motor, as soon as you press start, the motor should come on.  I can't imagine wiring being wrong if the motor does come on.  How many seconds between pressing start and the motor actually running....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business