Major Appliances/kenmore 400 washer

Hi Eric. Thank you for making yourself available thru allexperts! We have an issue with out Kenmore Model 400 Washing Machine.
I first became suspicious there was a problem when I started smelling the machine get hot. It isnt an really an electrical smell, it just smells like the motor is hot. No rubber smell.
Then, I started noticing that it seemed like it was getting stuck or running to long on cycles. The timer sometimes does not advance. Some loads are taking 2 hours or more. Sometimes, when we open the door (lid) and shut it, the machine immediately goes to the next part of the cycle. Sometimes, its filling while spinning.
I just cant figure out my confused washing machine and was hoping you could lend some advice.
Thank you in advance.

The model number you have submitted to us is incomplete or not correct for your unit.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business