Major Appliances/Kenmore dryer problem

Thanks in advance for your help.  I have a Kenmore 90 series dryer, model #110.66912690 that has served me well for fifteen years - changed out the heater coil a few times, but that's about it.  About a month ago, my husband reported that it wasn't turning.  I cleaned the lint out, turned it on and voila!  It's been working fine until yesterday.  I put a load of wet flannel bed sheets in to dry, and it stopped rotating mid-cycle.
Now, it intermittently makes a buzzing noise when I push the "on" button; if I try the "on" button again too soon after I get a buzzing sound, it makes no sound at all (like something takes a few minutes to reset??) Sometimes the drum rotates when I turn the dryer on, sometimes it doesn't. When it does rotate, it stops mid-cycle again.

The drum rotates (manually) fairly easily when I spin it counter-clockwise.

I'm guessing I have a bad motor - what do you think?  I priced new dryers yesterday, and I'm looking at at least five hundred for a new one, and I'm not sure I like that most new ones have digital controls - seems like more to go wrong, and more expensive to fix.  A new motor might cost around a hundred...

Your advise will be greatly appreciated!!

The motor is the only item with a re-settable thermal on it.  Part number is 279787 and your cost is 129.95 + shipping to your state.  That could be determined once we know where you live. Nothing much to a dryer.  If you like your, you are correct, too many electronics in the newer units and much to go wrong.  Old faithfuls are more likely to last than the newer models.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business