Major Appliances/Kenmore dryer won't run

Question
When the push to start button is pressed the dryer will not stay running unless I manually hold the button in or put some type of weight against the button to keep it depressed. When the start button is depressed it does not heat while running. Ideally the button should only have to be pushed once to start the cycle. What else would cause the dryer not to stay engaged when the button is pushed.model # 11062884101

Answer
Thanks for the model number.  Most often it is a motor start relay.  Gain access to your control panel and then you will see two relays mounted in the control panel and they are identical.  Remove one and swap it with the other one then install the one you replaced.  In other words, swap the relays.  They are identical.  Now, restore power and tell me if the unit starts up and stays running.  If not, replace the electronic control.  Part number for the relay is  3405281 and your cost through us is 32.95.  The control is best purchased through Sears under part number 8546223 for 88.76. WOW THAT IS A GOOD PRICE !!!  As per that commercial...smiling.  If I Can help further, I Am here.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion