Major Appliances/Kenmore Washer Dryer Model110.98575120 Replacing the Timer for the Washer

Question
I have the new replacement part,but can't figure out how to access the old part to replace.Help please.

Answer
I see the machine you have and it is an older one.  I have not worked on one of those in years and the process is not fresh to me.  If there, and looking closer, I  would be able to gain access.  There are screws in and around the control panel that need to be removed.  Underneath the control panel there is a screw on each side....spring loaded that must be unscrewed to release the control panel.  Be sure unit is unplugged prior to attempting the removal of one screw.  Shorting out is not nice.  Be gentle and remember this is an appliance and not a car.  Don't force anything.  I know I was not much help but good luck anyway....

Happy Holidays, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion