Major Appliances/Kitchen sink's garbage dsposer

Question
QUESTION: Hi Eric,

Would you please help me with my garbage disposer questions?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

ANSWER: I'll see what I can do for you.....What is the question?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Hello Eric,

Mine's a "Badger 1" from a brand named "ISE". It has very little use--I make sure solid leftovers go to the garbage--it was working fine one day, and the next it was stuck and completely clogged. I opened the faucet, and the water didn't drain at all ... for weeks the water remained there without draining.

When I turn on the switch, the motor makes a buzzing noise, but there's no movement/spinning. I've pressed the reset switch in the bottom of the disposer. And I've tried to manually turn the mechanism using the alex tool, but it doesn't move in any direction not even one faction of an inch. If I apply even more force/crank I'd snatch it from the drain pipe... That's how bad it is. I can't understand why is it clogged b/c everything was working when we were living in the apartment. Now it's not occupied, but I go there to paint, etc. I renmember the last time I used that it was working and the sink was draining ok... the next day, the drain was clogged. I started the disposer thinking there was some food, but the disposer hasn't worked since. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!!

Answer
Merry Christmas to you and your family also.  Sounds like the unit had water in it too long and rusted and froze up.  The inexpensive Badger 1's should just be replaced rather that try and figure out what is going on.  I doubt finding a replacement part is even viable.....

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion