Major Appliances/large refrigerator with small freezer

Hello.  This isn't a repair question, but hope you've encountered enough different refrigerator/freezer combos to give me some reference points.  I already have a large vertical freezer, but I'm looking for a large kitchen refrigerator with the smallest possible freezer compartment for things I use a lot, ie. ice cubes so I don't have to open the big freezer too often.  There seem to be dozens of web references for people looking to buy a refrigerator with the BIGGEST freezer, but can't find a thing about the opposite!  I wish the manufacturers would include the refrigerator/freezer RATIO, but they all seem to just show the cubic feet of the entire unit. Any ideas?  Thanks, Jan

I am not familiar with the new products being sold...I simply repair.  I can tell you at least here in the United States I have not seen any.  Whirlpool does make a refrigerator only unit.  The model number is EL88TRRWQ.  Search the web and take a look at it.   Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business