Major Appliances/Leak under GE WWA5600 Washing Machine

GE WWA5600 Leak Photos
GE WWA5600 Leak Photos  
I have a condo which has an older (20+ years old) GE Heavy Duty Washing Machine, Model WWA5600.  There were some letters after this, but I can't find the full number right now.  The washer has worked well, but suddenly started leaking.  I have taken photos of the leak, which is coming from a small plastic location.  I don't know the technical terms to describe the spot where the leak is, and I don't know what was there previously - if anything.

I'm going to try to attach the photos, but if they do not attach properly, I have also posted them at this LINK.

The red arrow points to the location of the leak.

I need help identifying what to call the place that is leaking.  There is a partial plastic piece protruding, which is where the leak is coming from.  I don't know if there was something that fell off or broke off there, or if there was a hose or something attached to the plastic protrusion, or if there was nothing there and the leak came from internally.

All help appreciated.  If this is a leak that could just be patched, let me know what you would suggest.

Part number is WH23X42 for the drain pump complete.  That is the item pictured you show is leaking.  Cost is 56.95 in new or 27.95 in good quality used.  Shipping would be 7.95.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business