Major Appliances/lg gas dryer

we have a dryer model # dlg5966 recently our rear connection to the vent came disconnected, we noticed lots of lint behind the dryer and also the dryer wasn't drying clothes any longer. we cleaned out the vent, reconnected it and ever since this time the circuit board reads that the cooling cycle won't shut off regardless of the cycle you attempt to dry on. ie., the gas ignitor won't turn on. also when we attempt to start the dryer it says check vent filter. Is there an easy fix to reset this?thanks,

There has never been a reset on a dryer during the 37 years I have been repairing appliances.  Unfortunately I do not work on LG brand appliances and I cannot be sure of that brand.  Please try one of the other AllExperts with your question.  Good Luck and Happy New YEar!  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business