Major Appliances/maytag ensignia model #MAV8557AWW wont spin or agitate

I have a maytag washer that does not agitate or spin.  It fills and drains and motor makes sound as if it is working.  I have tilted it forward and the belt is on the bottom and seems to move freely in both directions.  I am not sure where to go from here.  Thank you

IF the belt is spinning as you say, there must be a problem with the pulley and interlocking cams or the transmission itself.  I have attached a photo for your convenience.  Pull the machine a few feet from the wall and then tilt it back.  Working from underneath, remove the bottom plastic cap and as you take one item off, lay it all in a row so you know how to reassemble.  Check each piece for wear or breakage.  If I can help further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business