Major Appliances/Maytag MMV4205AA OTR Microwave

Question
I'm FURIOUS with Maytag.  They will NOT assist me at ALL with this product.  It's not the first microwave I've ever owned and I paid over $400 for it about 6 years ago.  I don't use it but for small things... baked potatos, frozen dinners, etc.

Well, out of nowhere, it completely stopped working.  I checked the conduit and plugs, circuit breaker, etc., to make sure that wasn't the problem.  No problems there.

The microwave was NOT in use when it broke.  In fact, I found out it was broken when I went to use the kitchen timer on it one day and it wouldn't turn on.

About 6 or 7 months after purchase (from Home Depot) the turntable cracked right in half about 2 minutes into cooking a 4 minute frozen dinner.  I KNEW there were going to be more issues.  That is NOT normal.  

Maytag tried to charge me $89 for a replacement turntable, even though the microwave was still under their "limited warrantee", which doesn't cover much, as I learned.

They won't assist me and I don't have the means to purchase a new one OR have someone come out and rip me off to repair this.

As I understand, this is a KNOWN problem with this model.

I've been out of work for three years now due to a broken arm and surgeries to repair it and am therefore on VERY limited income.

What on Earth is going on here?  I've tried resetting the circuit breaker several times to no avail.  It's just toast.

I've been advised to just dump it and buy a different brand.  Frankly, I'm kicking myself in the buns for buying Maytag to begin with as I KNEW Maytag was very problematic (since they shut down the Illinois manufacturing facility in Illinois) and purchased Maytag products in a rush (I'd just moved and was having lots of work done on my new home and needed to get things ordered and installed A.S.A.P).

Please advise.  Should I ditch this thing or what?  Maytag, just today, even gave me a telephone number of an "authorized repair facility" that isn't even in business anymore.

THAT, in and of itself, is indicative of their professionalism.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Thank you VERY much!

Answer
If the unit is completely dean, It could be just a fuse blown caused by a shorted or shorting door interlock switch.  To give solid advice, things would have to be checked.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion