Major Appliances/Maytag washer

QUESTION: my older model Maytag washer is only operating in the 2 spin cycles and when done, the button does not go down indicating that the cycle is complete and ready for the dryer.  The washer will not start in any other setting.  Model #LAT9700AAW

ANSWER: Not quite sure I understand your problem.  Are you saying the timer dial which is the furtherest to the right of your console and controls all washing features is not moving at all when you set the machine to a wash cycle?  Even though it does not go down?  Does the cycle complete?  Which one of the cycles on your timer dial will specific please....    

Have A Very Happy Holiday Season...
Eric & Ann Campion

QUESTION: I am thinking it may be the water valve because when I fill the tub up with a hose the washer will agitate and continue going through the cycles until it gets to the rinse cycle.  At that point, it stops and if I fill it up with water, it will continue through the cycles.  Do you think I am correct about the problem?  If so, is it easy to replace?

Sure sounds like the cold water side of your water inlet valve part number 205613 has failed.  To verify this, turn the water temp selector to a cold cold setting.  Now tun the timer on to a new fill position.  Did any water come in?  Most likely not.  Not turn to a warm warm setting if applicable and tune it on.  Water should come in but if ran long enough you will see it is only hot.  Let me know if this is true.  We have your valve in stock and can ship.  Cost is 26.95 + 7.49 shipping.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business