Major Appliances/Oven light problem

QUESTION: Eric, here is the info you requested.

Model:  ACF3375AW
Batch:  PACF3375AW2

ANSWER: Can you please supply the information and troubleshooting you have done previously.  Please keep all correspondence in one continuing forum and not open several.  I need to see and refresh what we have discussed.  I volunteer here so do not have easy access to past info.  I do not know your name other than Doug and have no email address or any other info.  In addition to helping here, I also respond to all of the email directly to our personal site who come first.  

I have attached a wiring diagram for your convenience.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Here is what I have done so far.

The oven light on our Amana model ACF3375A stove will not work.  I troubleshot the light socket and all is good there.  There is a red (orange)wire on one connector and two white wire on the other connector. I have continuity on the red wire from the socket to the connector that attaches to the circuit board. I have continuity on one white wire from the socket to the connector that attaches to the circuit board. The other white wire branches off and goes under the stove.  I did not check that one. I think I may have a bad switch although it does "beep" when I press it.  Can the switch only be replaced or do you have to change the whole circuit board?  Thanks.

ANSWER: IF your testing is correct, your should have 110 volts at terminal 3 on the ERC in the schematic and neutral when the light switch is turned to the on position.  Do you?  If you do, your troubleshoot is no valid.  If you do not, the ERC must be replaced.  I can honestly say I have never seen a light circuit on an ERC go bad as there is not much current draw compared to all the other circuits on the control board.  It is possible but before ordering from us or anyone else, double check your diagnosis...  Good Luck, Eric

QUESTION: Still not sure what the "Blue" is for.  When I pull the connector off of the back of the board the power goes out to the display on the front of the stove.  One thing I failed to mention is that this problem started when I was trying to get a burnt out bulb out of the socket and I was using a screwdriver and forgot to unplug the stove.  I got a spark from around the socket (may have shorted out the circuit). I may have "smoked" the light switch circuit.  Or you saying that I would need to change out the complete board?  If so, what do they cost and how hard is it to replace?  Thanks.

One of the relays on the back side of the electronic control have shorted.  Since the control is no longer available I would figure out which relay controls the light switch and try replacing that relay on the board....You can normally go to your local electronics store and purchase a relay.  Of course, the old one will have to be de-soldered and the new one soldered in.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business