Major Appliances/Vintage Westinghouse oven

Question
Hi Eric - I finally got a second opinion on that vintage oven, and the guy narrowed it down to the part that I need.  He said the thermostat is bad, and I need a new thermostat.  Are you able to give me a price, and get that part ordered for me?  See our previous conversation below:

QUESTION: I own a house in my hometown that has an awesome vintage Westinghouse wall oven that is built into the cabinets.  The model # is:  Q43494 230 240V.  It is stainless steel, and everyone makes comments when they walk in that they love the oven!  It adds so much character to the kichen and I do NOT want to have to replice it.  My friend and her family rent this house from me, and it's also a place for me to stay when I come "home" to visit.  The oven is getting electrical juice, according to the electrician, but it is not heating up to any temperature, as the temperature control does not seem to be working.  I had a repairman take a look at it and he said unfortunately I won't be able to fix it because I won't be able to get a replacement part for an oven that old.  Both the timer and the temperature controls are round dials, and neither seem to work.  There has got to be a way for me to save this vintage beauty that I love, and honestly was part of what made me want to buy this specific house in the first place........the character that I ended up mixing the old with the new improvement I made.  Please heeeeeeeelp!!!

ANSWER: Hello Dawn,
        The number you supplied above is not a valid model number.  We have very old look-up and that number looks more like a part number as most of the older Westinghouse parts began with a letter Q.  Please double check that model number and reply with new information.  We just may be able to help but first we must identify the unit to obtain part numbers for the clock and thermostat.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call

QUESTION: Hi Eric - the model # of the Westinghouse oven (see our email chain above) is:  OH - Q53350

HOPE you can help and find the parts!  The repair guy said I will probably need the thermostat, the clock, and the receptacle of bake element at the back of the oven......those are the things he thinks might be the culprit.  

Thanks!!
Answer:  I found your thermostat part number Q52377.  Cost is 129.95.  Under the original part numbers the terminals are no longer available.  I do have lots of terminals and if a picture was supplied of the terminal needed, I most likely would be able to help.  The Clock also is No longer available under part number Q53842.  If pictures of both the front and rear were supplied, we may be able to help there also.  Simple pictures of the front will not help.  My question is the reliability of your tech.  Did he take the unit apart and verify these parts are needed?  What is your original problem?  A burnt wire on an older unit could cause strange symptoms/problems.  Let us know if we can help further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Answer
I do have a substitute part number 6700S0011 of a thermostat which will work in your unit. Cost is 119.95 + 8.95 shipping if interested.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion