Major Appliances/Whirlpool Dryer

Question
QUESTION: My dryer is running but won't get hot. I've checked the heating element,  thermal fuse and thermostats. I've checked the braker and cleared the vent of any lint. Do you know what else it could be?

ANSWER: Lets begin this conversation with a model number of your unit so I can pull your unit up and see it as you do.  do youi have a voltage meter and know how to use it?>  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: model number LEB6200PQ0  I do have a voltmeter and I know how to use it. I checked the thermal fuse with it and it was good I also replace the thermostat

Answer
Thanks for the model number....I hate to ask this but did you check the obvious?  First thing I do before I tear into the dryer is I remove the rear cover where the cord connects tot he dryer and test the two outside terminals.  I should have 220 volts at this point.  If I do not, I go no further on the dryer.  While there, shine a flashlight in this area and look for burnt wires.  If all is good.....then I remove the rear cover and remove both wires from the heating element isolating them from metal and touching anything as I am going to plug the unit back in and turn the dryer to a hi heat setting and press start.  Now.....place one terminal of your meter on the middle (Neutral) terminal of the terminal block where your cord attaches to.  Next, touch one of the wires from the heating element with your other probe.  You should have 110 volts.  Now the other wire...you should have 110 volts.  One of them won't as long as your heating element and thermostats are good.  Whichever wire does not have 110 volts, unplug the machine and follow that wire back to its first component.  What is this component?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion