Major Appliances/Asko dishwasher and disposal

sheetem wrote at 2014-04-23 15:07:58
The plug falls into the disposal when you knock it out. Anyone with a small hand can reach in from the sink and pull the plastic piece out of the disposal. Reach into the disposal, rotate the plate until you feel the plastic piece, grab it, and remove your hand from the disposal. So it does not have to stay in the disposal forever.  

Major Appliances

Carl Goodwin

I am a self-employed Major Appliance Service Technician. I can answer MOST major appliance questions, and I will only tell you the CORRECT way to fix something (as I would in my customer's house). I do NOT "sugar-coat" my answers - you are told it up-front, and to the point. Some models are not available in Canada however (and vise-versa), and although "a dryer is a dryer" (for example), I am more familiar with North American models. Remember, I HAVEN'T seen EVERYTHING, and I can't do ANYTHING without the correct model number! :)

I have been a Technician in the Major Appliance field since 1995, after I graduated from Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario, in which I took the Major Appliance Repair Technician Program. I have been self-employed since 1998.

I am a registered contractor with T.S.S.A. in Ontario. The T.S.S.A. regulate the fuels industry in Ontario, and BY LAW, you MUST be a registered contractor to work on ANY gas appliance in Ontario. I also belong to the Better Business Bureau of Windsor & Southwestern Ontario.

I graduated from the Major Appliance Technician Servicing Program at Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario. I have achieved accreditation by the Government Of Ontario as a Major Appliance Service Technician. I continually attend update workshops, and I am an Authorized Servicer for Whirlpool Canada.