Major Appliances/Whirlpool bottom freezer ice build up then leaks on floor

Cecil wrote at 2012-10-28 18:24:36
the base of my Whirlpool Gold freezer has a sloped back (which contains the compressor on the other side) and the bottom of the slope is sealed so I do not see a hose at all not to mention way to clean it out. This is where the ice is collecting and freezing.  Has anybody seen this situation?

Major Appliances

Carl Goodwin

I am a self-employed Major Appliance Service Technician. I can answer MOST major appliance questions, and I will only tell you the CORRECT way to fix something (as I would in my customer's house). I do NOT "sugar-coat" my answers - you are told it up-front, and to the point. Some models are not available in Canada however (and vise-versa), and although "a dryer is a dryer" (for example), I am more familiar with North American models. Remember, I HAVEN'T seen EVERYTHING, and I can't do ANYTHING without the correct model number! :)

I have been a Technician in the Major Appliance field since 1995, after I graduated from Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario, in which I took the Major Appliance Repair Technician Program. I have been self-employed since 1998.

I am a registered contractor with T.S.S.A. in Ontario. The T.S.S.A. regulate the fuels industry in Ontario, and BY LAW, you MUST be a registered contractor to work on ANY gas appliance in Ontario. I also belong to the Better Business Bureau of Windsor & Southwestern Ontario.

I graduated from the Major Appliance Technician Servicing Program at Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario. I have achieved accreditation by the Government Of Ontario as a Major Appliance Service Technician. I continually attend update workshops, and I am an Authorized Servicer for Whirlpool Canada.