Major Appliances/bread items thaw in freezer

Question
QUESTION: I live in an apartment and have a lower end Hotpoint refrigerator with a self-defrosting freezer compartment. I'm guessing the freezer compartment cycles on and off? I opened it and the bread/waffles felt soft, almost thawed, while the bag of vegetables still felt frozen. Is this normal?  Thanks

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Can't this be answered in a general way re: if bread type products are prone to thawing in freezer compartments that cycle on and off?

ANSWER: Basically no.....  If freezer is up to temperature as it should be, the bread should freeze.  Eric

QUESTION: the bread does freeze but starts to thaw in between cycles, not normal?

Answer
Okay...then you have a problem with all your food meaning the temps are erratic.  Please supply your model number so I can see your unit and answer more professionally.  Help us help you.  Eric

Stepping in I am guessing it is a small refrigerator and you put the bread in the door.
 Every 6 to 8 hours an older refrig will go into defrost heating the freezer cavity to as high as 70 or 90 degrees.   So there are certain scenarios that opt in for a newer unit with electronic controls, a side by side, a freezer on top, mechanical defrost and thermostat controlled airways, so that model number gives us your specific scenario, which in reality saves time on you because we do not waste your time looking for things your machine does not even have on it.   
  If my guess was correct and the bread is not forming those refreeze ice crystals on it, it is normal.  If it has the ice crystals, there is a problem.   We are here and I think you see why we need the info we request, so if you need further assistance, please supply that model number which will be found on a small ID in the refrigerator section on the left wall, right wall or ceiling.   Occassionally it is below the hinge on the kick plate area.   Thank you, Ann

Major Appliances

Eric Campion