Major Appliances/followup ge frig relay by compressor

Question
QUESTION: Model GE  TBXY14LPGRWH
Fan by compressor is running.Compressor comes on for maybe 3-4 seconds with a jerking struggle then cuts out.While fan still runs near the compressor and blower fan in the freezer is blowing all along.
Thanks for your help.If it's repairable I would definitely patronize your website.

ANSWER: Sounds like the start relay on the compressor is shorted...not allowing the compressor to start.  If the compressor is not running, the unit will never get cold.  Unplug the unit while waiting for the relay to be replaced as not to ruin the compressor.  Part number is WR7X202 for the relay but I cannot find one anywhere.  May have to go to another alternative solution.  Do you have a voltage meter and know how to use it?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call

QUESTION: Yes and yes.
Answer:    At the compressor, pull the relay off the three terminals sticking out the compressor (not seen with relay on the compressor)  Now....you will have one pin standing alone and two side by side.  Measure ohms between the stand-alone-pin to the other two.  What are these readings....    If good, I can sell you a 3n'one start device.....which will start that compressor if your readings are good...   In addition, go from each pin to a section of te compressor where you have scratched off the paint to check for a direct short.

Eric

The readings were as follows between 2 side by side 8.8 ohms. From each of the side by side to the single  was 4.2 and 5.2 ohms.From all pins to  bare metal got a reading of Zero ohms what do you think ?Thanks , Ralph

Answer
All of your reading are high....If there I would try a 3n'one start relay with capacitor and if that did not start it nothing will....Honestly, I think you have a bad compressor.  Might want to try a local professional who can actually come there and test the compressor.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion