Major Appliances/hood fan

I've just installed a hood fan. It is brand new. I have power getting to the unit, however it would turn on. Does this mean 100% there is a problem with the unit?
Thanks for your time.

Or the way that it is wired in on the unit.   Does the voltage match....some are 208volt, some 220 volt and most 110 volts.   Be sure you test with a voltage meter and not just a dummy light because that only says power is present, not how many volts.   also, I assumed you meant would not turn on, instead of would.   Thank you, Ann

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business