Major Appliances/Kenmore Defrost Timer

QUESTION: I have a Kenmore model 25354629406 with Freezer side not cold.
Have checked the fans, drain line, Thermostat. Believe the problem to be the defrost timer or heater. Where is the timer located on this model?

Thanks for the help

ANSWER: Open the refrigerator door and in the upper left hand side is a housing that include the adaptive defrost control along with the damper assembly.  Gain access to this and you will see your electronic defrost control.  If I can help further, I am here....  Part number is 5303918476 and your cost is 79.95 for this control with a new wiring harness if Interested.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

QUESTION: I am ready to order the part however two questions:

Is the part new? and

I am not sure it is the right part. It looks about right but for color.
Also not sure about the foot print.

Can you verify the part is correct for the Kenmore (I think Frigedair is manuf.) model 253546299406. I don't have a manual to look it up.

Original part number is 241508001 and crosses to the most current part number 5303918476 quoted above. Looks like they changed the original control and included a wiring harness to accommodate the new harness....According to my look-up your original part in your unit now....if original has be revised and will need a wiring harness included with part number 5303918476.  To be sure, email me a picture of your electronic control.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business