Major Appliances/Kenmore refrigerator

QUESTION: I just purchased a used Kenmore Freezerless Refrigerator, or model #253.60722008    serial #WA94800498..The previous owner said it is about 2 years old, and was used only about once a year for two months at a time.  I have plugged it up, and it is in a cold location.  It appears that the fan is running all the time and the compressor will kick on, run, the unit will click like its going to shut off but the fan keeps running.  The interior temp is about 32 degrees.  any ideas

ANSWER: If the temperature is lower than the temperature needed in the fresh food section, where temperature is measured, it will not run because the thermostat is already satisfied.  Is that temperature of 32 in the ff section or the freezer.  Ann

QUESTION: This unit is All REFRIGERATOR no freezer.  When I plugged it up yesterday it seemed to cycle fine, but last night the unit was exposed to cold outside air of maybe 35 degrees.  Today the fan will not shut off.

the temperature of the room plays a direct role, refrigerators should be around 34 degrees to 37 degrees, so if it is colder in that room than that, it would cause your symptom   that is why it worked when it was warmer and not when colder in the room

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business