Major Appliances/Kenmore Washer

Question
QUESTION: We have a front load Kenmore, model #417.44052400, 3.5 CF that is about 6 years old.  It has developed an issue in where the clothes do not appear to be getting rinsed throughly, happens on all cycles.  When we rinse a item out in the sink after the wash, there is still soap residue and sometimes even dirty water showing up.  We have noticed the cycles seem to be running shorter than when the machine was new.  Is it possible the control board is malfunctioning and skipping a rinse cycle.  Any ideas.  Thanks.

ANSWER: I have never heard of that but of course that does not mean anything.  With electronic...anything can happen.  When the cycle is finished are the clothes wrung out real well?  Go tot he machine now and without any clothing in it, start a load you normally would.  After initial fill and agitating has begun, look inside through the window and tell me if you see suds.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Yes, the cloths are wrung out real well and the end.  We always use a second rinse cycle.  The machine does use HE detergent.  I ran a full cycle with no clothes or added detergent.  There was a moderate of amount of sudsing in the first agitation cycle, minimal in the second agitation, and no sudsing in any of the rinse cycles.  The machine appeared to run through all of the cycles properly.

Answer
Suds creates a multitude of problems for front load machines.  Before thinking there is a problem with your machine and begin replacing parts, I would try using very minimal soap with every wash.  You should not have had any soap when running a empty load without soap.  With a added rinse on all your loads, no soap should have appeared in the test I requested you to perform.  Whatever soap you are using, use 1/2 the amount for a few loads and left me know what happens.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion