Major Appliances/Replacing appliances

Question
When should you replace major appliances? My refrigerator, stove and dishwasher are all about 12 years old. They seem to be working fine, but have a crack in the oven door and the tines in the dishwasher are breaking. Do I replace now or wait for them to have problems?

Answer
I am partial to older units as they are made much better than the newer ones with all this energy star ratings that are filled with electronic controls and plastic.  I service more current models than older models.  We have never been more busy.  Perhaps a new or good quality used dishrack and a new or good quality used door glass will hold you for a few more years.  If on the other hand, you want to upgrade to new appliances, I would stick with the Whirlpool brand and since your units are still working, you have time to wait for just the right sale.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion