Major Appliances/Safe to use 13 year old GE electric stove

Question
When I replaced a surface element unit on three of the four burners, all worked but the front right one.  It popped and then blew a fuse.  I hit the circuit breaker, and the rest of the burners and the oven work.  Is it safe to use my stove as long as I don't use the broken burner?

Answer
I would take the knob off the burner in question so you or anyone else turn it on accidentally.  I would say it is safe to use the other three.  Most likely the switch blew out and now needs replaced.  They are all wired independently and will work when one is out.  Good Luck.   If I can help further.....     Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion