Major Appliances/u- line ice machine

Question
you answered this question but i'm sorry to tell you i could not find it is there a chance you could post it again thankyou  HI, I hope you can help me , i have a u-line ice machine Model U-CLR 2060-01  that has stopped making ice , it runs through the cycles but no cubes . There is a small charging valve on the gas line i opened it a little and there was pressure could it just be low on gas , what gas would it use i heard of a gas that also seals any leaks is there product like that ? Thank you for your time and advice ,Gary

Answer
That is a expensive machine and I would not simply add freon.  1st and foremost, proper charging is necessary to obtain maximum efficiency.  Do not leave any more freon out.  Is the freezing plate getting cold?  Do not use anything that is a sealer.....that type of product in a domestic unit that has a capillary tube with a hole inside about the size of 10 human hairs would block immediately and ruin the system.  Again do not use any sealers on this system.  Proper methods are to find the leak and repair.

Now....is the plate getting cold at all?  Can you determine if the compressor is actually running?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion