Major Appliances/brand new fridge freezer not working right

Question
QUESTION: I just bought a maytag refrigerator model: M1TXEGMYQ01  serial #: VS32263759  type 21 MTFA manuf date 5-13. Temperature setting on recommended setting; freezer is not overloaded (plenty of space for cooling to be distributed around food in freezer). Yet, although meat and other items congaing liquid do freeze, bread cheese and other non-liquid items do not. A repair man from the company was just here - his comment was "bread is not supposed to freeze" Huh???
my other refrigerator (a whirlpool) freezes bread just fine. What could be the issue? Should I have another repairman look at it? Any suggestions for what could be done?

ANSWER: I think I Would have another company take a look at it.  If you just purchased this item it is still under manufactures warranty and yes, I agree with you, bread does freeze.  It is possible during the move to your home a freon line could have cracked exposing a hair line crack....Even a restriction in the sealed system could cause a partial evaporator.  While freezing, it is not freezing enough....meaning you would only have a partial evaporator.  In order to check this, you must remove the rear inside panel in the freezer section and check it there.  Did the service person remove any covers at all?  Is the fan running in the freezer?  Good Luck and if I can help further, I am here.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: thank you for your response. in the continuing saga.... We had the dealer who sold us the fridge send down the repair company. naturally it is in their interest to avoid repairing anything. we have been in constant contact with them. the latest claim is that despite the fact that the fridge itself is level, the floor is not, so therefore total freezing is not possible. both the fridge and floor were checked with a level and both are perfectly level. they say that the front of the fridge should be higher than the back. is the dealer just trying to avoid their responsibility? what should i say to the service person? i really appreciate your help

Answer
Quite frankly I think they are simply avoiding a problem.  Not sure of the big picture but I would simply call the manufacture Maytag and express your concerns to them.  They have many servicers who ARE Qualified and will get to the bottom of it.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion