Major Appliances/Trying to replace the clock in my GE Electric stove

Hello ~
Your help please..
I have an older model self cleaning drop in GE Electric stove, model number J SP27 0J3AD serial number LV297733M. The clock stopped working about six months ago and it has been stuck at 4:04 ever since. I sure miss that clock. It is the type of clock where the numbers roll to the next number and is a combination of a clock and two timers. Although parts are no longer being made and are even harder to find, I did manage to find an original rebuilt clock-timer. I am having a difficult time removing the stove top to get to the clock which is located at the front of the stove to replace it. I just cannot figure out how to get the top of the stove off. I did print a schematic and did remove the corners and the burners but something is still stuck in the upper right hand corner and it still seems connected to something. The left hand side seems free and can easily move. The stove top won't slide forward and won't lift off. There has to be an easier way to get to the clock? I have been searching all over the Internet but everything I come across is for the newer mode. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you, Cobb

IT has been a while since I Worked on one like that.  My memory has failed me.  Possible to get me some pictures?  Have you already figured it out?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business