Major Appliances/Electric blanket

I have an expensive electric blanket that is simply dead because someone left it plugged in for too long and it overheated.
If I cut the egg-shaped box (that contains the timer and heating grade slider) out of the cable leading to the plug, and join the two ends of wire safely, will it then work if plugged in again? Would it be dangerous?

I simply repair appliances and do not work on electric heating blankets.    I suspect as an appliance technician the thermal has blown.  If testing...your theory may be viable....for simply testing.  If repairing, I would replace the SAFETY THERMAL that has blown and you found the problem.  If needing help identifying a picture with all number off the unit shorted or in other words, open....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business