Major Appliances/Frigidaire Model FEX831CSO not working

I have a combo unit and it stopped working. Nothing worked, so I opened the front washer panel. This not the first times it stops working by the way but last time I wiggled the cables going to the water valve and it started working so this why I started here again. I was about to reach for the water valve cables that were in the back right and I got shocked in my head!! I got got my volt meter and checked the inner wall where I touched with my head and sure enought it had 80-120 volts I checked around and same thing seems that there was a cable loose and causing the inside of the washer to have current. I checked all cable and nothing was loose,cut, stripped, or even pitched. I also checked the voltage from the main entrance and it was getting the full 240v. I removed the middle panel with the knobs and checked if the cable from there did not come loose and nothing every thing was fine. So I unplugged the main plug and decided to go back to the water valve connection. I unplugged them and plugged them back in. I then plugged in the main plug tried to turn on the washer and nothing and tried the dryer and nothing. But then I left he washer on and pressed the button for the dryer and the washer started working but only while I was holding the dryer button down. Once I let it go it stops. So I was like at least I'm getting somewhere but I didn't get further than that all cables were properly fitted. Any ideas on what it can be? I'm think a part needs to be replaced at this point just don't know which one maybe I need more troubleshooting.

Definately sounds like a bad connection on one of the 110 volts lines.  Remove the cover where the cord attaches tot he unit and check in here for a burnt connection.  Did you find any?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business