Major Appliances/Jenn-Air Cook Top

We recently had new counter tops installed and the installers disconnected our Jenn-Air cook top to do so. The way the cook top worked before was the blower and the burners worked seperately. After they reconnected it, the blower now comes on when you turn on the burner(s),and also when you just turn on the blower knob. The speed of the blower can be controlled with the blower knob, but not when with the burner knobs. We contacted Jenn-Air and they said with some models the blower does indeed automatically come on when the burner is turned on, but some do not. Our Use and Care Guide does not say ours is one of those models, so Jenn-Air has suggested a service repair appointment. We, however, want the electrian who we paid for through the counter top company, to connect it the right way. He has tried several times and ways, but doesn't seem to know how. Would you have any suggestions?

Thank you in asdvance for your help.

ANSWER: Please supply the model number of your unit so I can see your unit as you and the electrician does.  I'll try and pull a wiring diagram and see if I can offer any suggestions.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Thanks Eric,

It's the Expressions Model #CVEX4100B   Serial #14418317YW
I apologize for not including that in my first e-mail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the model number.  I do not think your electrician is at fault.  Wiring is simple....  L1 and L2 and neutral.  If unit is working at all, wiring is correct.  It is merely a coincident this failed when changing out the counter top.  Give your carpenter a break.....sll kidding aside...  Just for giggles, remove one of the cartridges and try it.  Then remove the other cartridge and try it with no cartridges in it.  Then try the one you did not try with a cartridge in it.  Then, reverse the cartridges.  Just looking for a shorted switch at this time.  This procedure will tell me a lot.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business