Major Appliances/Washer issues

Question
I have a Whirlpool top loading washer...model #WTW57ESVW1...I have a two fold problem. First..The top front of the washer lifts up and I'm not sure if it has clips missing or screws but the company does not show the parts on the blow up picture of the washer...Their advice is to call a repairman. Second problem...After washing a load of clothes last night they were still wet so I put the washer on to the spin cycle. It started spinning so I left the room. When I returned they were still wet, so this time I stayed in the room while they were spinning and lifted the lid after a couple minutes & they seemed to be o.k. But then at the end of the spin cycle water sprayed into the washer and the cycle stopped and the clothes were wet...Any idea what is going on & is it something I could fix myself?

Answer
I checked the look-up on your unit and it does should the screws needed to secure the top to the outer side and front shell.  Part number is W10165554 and requires for of them.  If someone tried to pry up on the top assembly, these screws could have fallen on the floor.  The top never has to be removed to gain access to the machine.  The water at the end of the cycle issue is most likely your timer assembly.    If I can help further, I am here......

Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion