Major Appliances/Frigidaire dishwasher

I have a Frigidaire "Aqua Surge with Speed Clean" purchased about '07.  The primary problem we are having is that it is not draining and gives an "er" message in the display. The screen is clear and some Drano was put in and allowed to set.  (Wife did this... not sure if that was a good idea but didn't seem to help)
The model # isPLD4555RFCO
Serial # is TH74087120
It seems like it should be an easy fix but not sure...thanks!  Andy

ANSWER: Drano is not a good thing.  It will get into the unit and will still have residue on dishes you wash and then eat off of.  Remove the lower cover and then hit cancel and drain and tell me if the pump is running.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I did do that and I believe the pump is running.  I did check the discharge hose and I blew back into it to see if air would come out... like blowing into a straw into your drink, and it didn't seem to be effective but not sure if it's supposed to be able to do that or not. (Smelled pretty dang foul though)  I did a little research and I turned it on, then cancel in order to start the drain process.  It sounded like it was running ok but it did not drain.  Thanks

First thing we must do is make sure there is no blockage in the hose and the pump is indeed running.  When checking the drain hose, you also must check the impeller in the pump to be sure the impeller itself is not worn, broken and indeed spinning.  Not simply humming....  

LEt me know....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business