Major Appliances/Gas stove doesn't shut off

GE XL44 model # JGBS16GEP7WH   serial # TL178081P
 Hi, the oven on my gas range runs a bit hot -i've never checked it with a thermometer but i estimate it at maybe 25 degrees, not enough to concern me as i'm use to it.  However when it's been fully heated to say 400 degrees if i turn it to 'off' the oven cools to maybe 200 degrees then goes back on keeping the oven at maybe 200.  If i turn it down to about 200 then it cools to around that temp. then comes back on (as one would expect), then at that point one can turn it to off and it will then go off and stay off. Any ideas?  Thanks, Peter

Hello Peter,
         The only control your oven utilizes is the oven thermostat.  Over the years I have replaced this control on many units for complaints as yours, overheating situations and totally non-functional at all.  Original part number is WB20K0006 which over the years crossed to a WB20K0008.  Either one would work in your application.  If interested, I do have both in stock and can ship tomorrow for you.  Cost is 94.95 + 7.95 shipping in the United States.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business