Major Appliances/Magic Chef Stove/Oven Heating problem

I have a Magic Chef, model number is 3127WTV and when I turn preheat the oven to a specific temperature it tends to have a mind of it own and heats to a much higher temp.  For example, I put some bagel bite pizzas in the oven after preheating it to 424 and about 10 min later I started to smell something burning and when I checked the oven my temperature gauge in the oven said over 600. Could the oven thermostat be the problem? And it this something a mechanically inclined husband can replace?

Hello Tammy,
         I tried to do some look-up on your unit to see the possiblee cause of the high temperature problem you are experiencing.  Turns out there were some production problems and I will need further information to figure out when category your unit falls into.  Does your unit have an electronic oven control or a mechanical thermostat to operate the oven?  Can you please supply me the first two digits of the serial number?  Thanks....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business