Major Appliances/Oven mode won't work

QUESTION: I have a Maytag range, model MGR5775 QDS that oven mode won't work. Broil and self clean features work. I have replaced the oven igniter but it still won't light. Suggestions please I don't won't to throw anymore parts at it.

ANSWER: Do you have a voltage/ohm meter and know how to use it?

There are several possibilities....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: You I have an ohm meter and can use it.

You need to unplug the unit and then take the rear covers off. We will be working on the bake element circuit first... Looking at your electronic control, follow the wires going to the electronic clock oven control. Most often the electronic clock does have a label telling you which relay controls the bake oven ignitor.  Since you already replaced the oven ignitor, you do not have 110 volts going to the bake ignitor.  This voltage comes from the electronic control...bake relay and sends voltage through the oven safety valve.    If voltage is coming out of the electronic control, replace the oven safety valve regulator assembly.  If not, replace the electronic oven control.  For your convenience, I have attached a wiring diagram.... If I can help further, I am here.  

Have a Happy Holiday season.....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business