Major Appliances/ref. freezer

Question
I have a Whirlpool Gold ref. with freezer drawer in the bottom. Model # GB2FHDXWQO, serial # K00670542 It is several years old and the warranty is out. It has started leaking on the floor out the front. There was a sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer compartment. I removed it and it froze again and started leaking again. Ther is no drain in the bottom anywhere and after taking the kick panel off I seen there was no drain pan anywhere. So, no drain hole or pan, how does this work? I contacted the company site and got no help other than scheduling a repairman, I can't afford that.
It leaks every other day or so suggesting it may have something to do with the defrost cycle, but where does the water go? Any help will be appreciated, thank you for your time and experience.

Answer
Not an easy job....Inside the freezer section....behind the white evaporator panel is an evaporator coil that has a defrost heater attached to it.  This comes on once a day, once every two days depending on the manufactures requirements.  At the bottom of this evaporator panel is a evaporator drain pan and a hole in the center which goes to an evaporator drain pan behind the unit....(Normally the same pan the compressor sits it).  This drain line is blocked and overflowing into the freezer section.  You must remove the rear inside freezer panel and using a hair dryer, defrost all the ice and then unblock the drain line.  You up for that?  Not an easy task...

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion