Major Appliances/stackable washer dryer problem

Hello, my kenmore stackable(417.97822701) stopped during the spin cycle. Got the water out of it and checked the pump to the best of my ability which seems ok. Now it will not fill with water or do anything for that matter, and the dryer does not heat but spins. I tested the only thermostat I could find and reset the breaker, both of whicseem fine. I assume the 2 things have something to do with each other since it happened at the exact same time any ideas?

They are independent units even though they are one unit.  Only thing common would be the power source.  I think you have lost one leg of your 220 volts.  Check and verify you really have 220 volts at the outlet and then where the cord attaches to the dryer check in here for a burnt connection.  Let me know what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business