Major Appliances/water in salt tank

Question
My husband and I noticed that there is a lot of water in the salt tank of our water softener (we wrote earlier about the noise of a waterfall produced earlier, too) -and we now wonder if it's normal for lots of water to be in the salt tank - it looks like a small swimming pool in there.  There is enough salt in there - it's just that there is also lots of water too. Thanks

Answer
Again....I do not work on them....My own at home started leaking.  I simply by-passed the plumbing and did away with it.  Our town has good water as far as I am concerned.  If your water does not suds well then you might want to look into getting your unit looked at.  Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion