Major Appliances/Whirlpool dishwasher won't clean

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner model du1055xtvq5. It is about 2 years old, and over the past month or two has progressively stopped cleaning. It used to clean even unrinsed dishes on Normal cycle. Then I had to put it on the Pots and Pans cycle to get them clean. Now it only cleans already scrubbed dishes, and only those on the bottom rack. Dishes on the top rack get wet but do not get clean.

With my experience, I'd say one of two things.  Either the water supply in the unit is low which will not have enough water in the sump to properly produce the force of wash water within the unit to wash or there is debris clogging the screen filter deep within the pump/sup area.  The first scenario requires a new water inlet or the screen cleaned and the 2nd scenario requires disassembly of the pump to visually inspect and make sure the screen is clean and the impeller is operating properly...  Do some preliminary checks and let me know what you find and how mechanical you are to instruct further.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business