Major Appliances/Big mistake: drain backup into dishwasher

Question
Big mistake: I plunged a stopped-up kitchen sink drain and the water backed up into the dishwasher, bigtime. Now the dishwasher - a Gaggenau GI 936-760 - doesn't fill. When I switch it on I can hear it trying to start - I don't know if it's in a quick drain cycle or attempting to fill, but no water enters.

Someone suggested the float switch as the likely repair target. Does that make sense? If yes, what do I do and how do I do it?  Would the switch have to be reset or replaced? Can I access said switch without pulling the unit out of the cabinetry? Or do I dial up a service guy who surely knows a lot more than I do?

Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks a lot for any wise counsel.

Answer
Sorry....I do not work on the brand name Gaggenau so I am not familiar with it's operation.  I do know with what you said, before I would purchase any parts, I would disassemble the drain pump and circulating pump and check for obstructions.  Do this and let me know what you find.  

Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion