Major Appliances/Dishwasher arms don't spin

Question
Hi Eric-

In the rental house I oversee for my in-laws(they are down south for the winter)the tenants say the dishwasher isn't working right. I plan on going to the house this weekend to take a look. What I know- It is a Whirlpool Gold "Quiet Partner" that is 10-12 years old. The tenants could not find the model/serial number when I asked them to look. I asked them to do the rinse cycle and set the arms straight across. During the cycle I had them open the door and check the position of the arms. They did this 4 times and the arms stayed in the same spot, but move freely when turned by hand. Water level is up to the bottom of the door and pumps out when done. My first thought is the pump but the water should stay in the bottom and not pump out. Ideas what to check when I look at it? They also said basically one day it worked the next the dishes were not getting clean and the soap wasn't getting removed from the dispenser.

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion