Major Appliances/GE washing machine

thank you so much first of all for any help you can give me. We have a GE clothes washer model WJRR4170E1WW. One common issue it has is that after water has drained from a wash cycle,the motor will kick in to start the spin but only rotates drum maybe 5 to 10 times then stops. It then does the same thing two more times then finally on the third time it spins out the wet clothes fine. Ususally after the first cycle of a wash, it will drain and then start spinning good and fast but with the front off you can just see the white soap climb up the outer tub and not get pulled out by pump. So then it fills for a second time but the refill of water pushes the suds up and some can come out the overflow tube near the back left of the washer cabinet. I am guessing that the timer or maybe some kind of relay is bad. Please let me know what you thing the problem may be. Thank you again so much for any help and thank you for allowing us out here in the public to ask you questions...

First of all the unit you have should drain to a very low level prior to spinning.  Do me a favor and using hot water, start a fresh cycle without and clothing or soap in the unit and  run for the smallest amount of time you can...6 minutes?  After about the lid.  Do you see a lot of suds in there?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business