Major Appliances/Maytag Dishwasher.

QUESTION: I have a white Maytag dishwasheer, basic size, and just bought it last year.

The rinse agent I usually put in the dishwasher doesn't seem to be, being used by the dishwasher. The level has been the same for a long time.

The thingy (I know, thingy is a majorly technical word) but the thingy inside the dishwasher that shoots the rinse agent seems ok but stiff. It pops up and down but only after you apply pressure.

I checked the filter and the filter is clean. So can you please help me fix my rinse agent thingy on the inside of my dishwasher? Thanks!

ANSWER: Hello Cherie,
         In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Model number- MD84630AWW5

Seriel Number- F20116962

Type- 575-1

Sorry. I forgot. I added the type number just in case it was important later. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the model number as well as the nice rating.  I ran your model number and you have a pretty simplistic detergent/rinse aid dispenser.  If the detergent cup is opening, the rinse aid dispenser should be working also as the same wax motor drives both of these at once.  If you look just above the rinse aid fill knob to the left, there is a hole and that is where the rinse aid comes out.  If not coming out, you may have to remove the dispenser assembly and clean it well.  Perhaps it is clogged internally.  Running hot water in the area you fill it as well as in the area where it dispenses.  Let us know if we can help further.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business