Major Appliances/Maytag Dishwasher shuts off during cycle

Question
I have a 2 yr old Maytag dishwasher model # mdb4630aws that stops running about 10 mins into the normal cycle. Does both with heated dry on or off. It works ok on rinse only cycle. I checked the door switch and made sure there was nothing in the bottom pit clogging the pump. Any ideas on what i should troubleshoot next.

Any info would be great.
         Thanks

Answer
You are not the only one that has experienced problems.  

Customer Concern:

After 10 minutes of operation the dishwasher goes into cancel drain and stops. This issue can be very
sporadic. Technicians will find a 6-1 error code recorded in the service diagnostics.
Possible Causes:  This issue may be caused by:

Siphoning through the drain hose
Severe Sudsing
Debris in the sump
Control Board software error may cause a false error code resulting in cycle cancellation. (This issue is more likely to happen in areas that are susceptible to abnormal power supply variations)

Correction:

If the customer has a cancel drain issue, check the following:

1. Make sure the dishwasher is installed according to installation instructions provided with the unit.

2. Check for water siphoning out through the drain hose. Insure that the drain hose termination point is
above the water level in the tub. (The drain loop must be attached to the side of the tub and high enough
to prevent siphoning.)

3. Check for severe sudsing or a malfunctioning Rinse Aid dispenser.

4. Check for locked rotor in wash pump.

5. Remove any debris in the bottom of the sump/chopper area.

6. Check for water supply and proper water level in the dishwasher.

7. If all the above checks are OK, then the control will need to be replaced with one that has upgraded
software designed to handle abnormal power variations.

See chart below for part numbers.

Whirlpool  Magic Chef Crosley    Maytag      Amana     Estate

DU1010XTX* CDB7000AW* CUD6710X* MDB4630AW* ADB1400AW* TUD8700X*
DU1014XTX*
DU1015XTX*
DU1030XTX*
DP1040XTX*

Original Control Part Number Replace with Part Number
W10319897 W10395153
W10319898 W10395154
W10319899 W10395155

Check all the things I mentioned and if it comes down to the electronic control, I will need the last digit of your model number to be sure you will be getting the correct electronic control.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion