Major Appliances/Maytag Refrigerator Needing Frequent Reset

Question
QUESTION: Hello: I have a Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator purchased by a prior owner around 2005. A few weeks back, we noticed the temperature in the refrigerator had gone to near the danger level. We cleaned coils front and back after unplugging it. We plugged it back in and the temp returned to normal. Now, just two weeks later, the temperature again out of the blue went near the danger level. We again unplugged the appliance for five minutes, plugged it back in, and again the temperature was back normal within the hour. I imagine this will happen again soon, so something is happening for it needing to be reset now twice. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Got a model number so I can see what kind of system you have.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Thanks very much for your initial reply and request for more information.  The model number is MBF2556HEB with serial number 10740114EV. These are the only ID numbers found on the metal plate. Pleaselet me know if you ned any further info,

Answer
I have replaced the electronic control also referred to as the Jazz control board on these units quit a few times for this same erratic problem.  Replacing the control resolved the problem.  Part number is 12868513 for the control board and your cost is 109.95.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this e-mail or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion